Newcastle Jets is extending University of Newcastle students the opportunity to gain valuable experience with a professional Sporting Organisation.
Our Membership and Ticketing internships are ideally suited to students in degrees related to Sports Management, Marketing, Business and/or Commerce.
An interest in and knowledge of sport – in particular, football, the Newcastle Jets, the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League – is desirable but not essential.
Membership & Ticketing Intern
1-2 days per week including match days for pre-season games, FFA Cup, Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League fixtures.
- Receiving and processing membership applications and changes by phone, email and in person
- Data entry and checking with our CRM
- Event and game day set up
- Assist other departments where required
Skills and traits required:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including excellent telephone manner
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and friendly attitude and willingness to learn
Interns will receive:
- Newcastle Jets polo shirt and jacket
- 2 x complimentary tickets to each Newcastle Jets home game for season 2019/20
- The opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain experience with a professional football club
- Training and feedback throughout the internship
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to apply for a position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- cover letter
- your CV
- details of your course and any workplace experience requirements
- Your likely availability from June to December 2019