Newcastle Jets are excited to be able to offer our Skills Program to kids throughout Newcastle and the Hunter Valley once again in 2020!
The specialised, 20-week program aimed at developing the skills of young footballers, open to all players no matter their experience or skill level, proved a resounding success in 2019. Now, thanks to Skills Program Partner, Newcastle Coal Infrastructure Group (NCIG), it's bigger and better than before in 2020.
Open to kids aged 7 - 13, the Newcastle Jets Skills Program will see your child spend an hour with Newcastle Jets trained coaches every week for 20 weeks, improving their football skills and confidence in a controlled and comfortable environment.
Following a curriculum devised by Newcastle Jets Technical Director and Westfield W-League Head Coach, Craig Deans, along with Jets Foxtel Y-League Head Coach, Daniel McBreen, the program will ensure that your child receives coaching aimed to improve their skills and confidence as a footballer.
This is what your child will receive when they sign up to be a Newcastle Jets Skills Program kid:
- 20 weeks of high-quality coaching, covering Terms 1 and 2 of the 2020 school year
- A full Newcastle Jets Skills Program kit, thanks to NCIG, including a shirt, shorts, socks, and a jumper
- A Newcastle Jets 3-game Membership for the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League 2019/20 season!
- Involvement on Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League match days (ball kids, mascots, flag bearers, half-time games)
- Newcastle Jets player appearances at selected Skills Program training nights
- Involvement at external Gala Days (eg. Barcelona Academy Gala Day in Sydney)
Who: The program is open for kids aged 7 - 13 (turning 7 - 13 in 2020), and is open to both boys and girls who will train together throughout the entirety of the program. Kids will only be placed in their appropriate age groups.
There will be three days - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - on which the Newcastle Jets Skills Program operates throughout 2020, with sessions taking place in the school term only.
The total cost for the program is $500, payable upfront. Active Kids vouchers may also be redeemed for the program.
For any enquiries, contact our Community team at email@example.com and title your email 'Skills Program Enquiry'.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my child need to be experienced in football?
No. The program is developed for all levels of experience.
Can my child train in a different age group?
No. Participants can only register in the year of the age (e.g. U12’s born in 2008)
Can we pay in instalments?
No. All payments must be made in advance.
Can we train more than one night?
No. The program is designed for one night per week.