Duo named in Socceroos squad
Newcastle Jets star duo Jade North and Ante Covic have both been selected in Pim Verbeek’s 35-man provisional squad for the Socceroos’ upcoming 2010 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier against Qatar on Wednesday, 15 October.
Newcastle Jets star duo Jade North and Ante Covic have both been selected in Pim Verbeek-s 35-man provisional squad for the Socceroos- upcoming 2010 FIFA World Cup Asian Qualifier against Qatar on Wednesday, 15 October.
Both were also selected in the last Socceroos squad which travelled to Holland and Uzbekistan last month. On that occasion, Covic and North were the only Hyundai A-League players selected by Verbeek, however this time around they are joined by 11 other locally based players.
Newcastle Jets CEO John Tsatsimas today praised the pair on their selection and wished them all the best ahead of the Socceroos camp.
“Both Jade and Ante have become regulars with the Socceroos in recent times and it is a testament to their professionalism, talent and commitment,” said Mr. Tsatsimas.
“Certainly as a club we-re hoping that the Socceroos succeed in their World Cup qualification campaign, and this game against Qatar is no different.”
“Hopefully the guys have the opportunity to add to their National Team caps against Qatar and we see them don the green and gold again,” he said. “Before that happens, of course, we have a big game against Wellington at home next Monday where the fans will be able to see the guys ply their trade.”
Tickets for the Newcastle Jets- Round 7 clash with Wellington Phoenix next Monday, 6 October are available from www.proticket.com.au, or by calling (02) 4915 2345.