An exciting opportunity has emerged for an ambitious, dedicated and energetic coach to help shape the future of football at Hyundai A-League franchise, Newcastle Jets.
Due to an internal restructure within the Club’s football department, Newcastle Jets are now seeking to employ a Head Coach for its NPL team which competes in the PS4 National Premier Leagues (Northern NSW). Newcastle Jets finished the 2014 PS4 NPL (NNSW) regular season in first place.
The role requires ongoing collaboration with the Club’s football staff and senior management to deliver agreed key performance indicators related to the ongoing development of players as well as the successful implementation of the program.
Based in Newcastle, the successful applicant will be responsible for identifying and mentoring young players with the potential to earn Hyundai A-League contracts with the Club.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organise, conduct and evaluate NPL team training sessions and matches
- Manage equipment, players, support staff and rosters
- Deliver high-level tactical and technical coaching and foundations to players
- As necessary, liaise with Northern NSW Football Federation, other governing bodies and NPL clubs
- As required, work alongside and/or assist the Club’s Hyundai A-League football staff
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum AFC ‘B’ Licence or UEFA equivalent
- Previous experience working with high-level youth players
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Tertiary qualifications in human movement, sports science or sports management (desirable)
- Please contact Newcastle Jets Football Operations on (02) 4935 6200 for more information
- To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Wednesday 25 March 2015
- Interviews for the position will be scheduled for late March 2015 with an anticipated start date in early-to-mid April 2015
- Coaches who submit applications or expressions of interest may be required to conduct a coaching session or sessions with youth players as part of the recruitment process
- Reporting jointly to the A-League Head Coach and Jets CEO, the initial term of employment will be contractually on a part-time basis for the 2015 NPL season