Impress your mates ahead of this Sunday’s clash against Adelaide United with these unique facts about fixtures between the Jets and Reds.
- If the Jets score this weekend, it will be the 300th Hyundai A-League goal for the Club.
- In the 30 matches between the two teams, there has only been three occasions where both teams have scored in the first half.
- When playing at home, the Jets have gone on to defeat Adelaide every time when leading at half time.
- Daniel Mullen will become the 10th player to captain the Jets at home against Adelaide.
- There have only ever been two penalties awarded at Hunter Stadium in this fixture. Both were awarded in the same match back in season two, both were to Adelaide, and both were taken by Carl Veart. Despite scoring the first in the 37th minute to peg back Vaughn Coveny’s 26th minute opener, Veart had the chance to seal all three points in the 87th for the Adelaide but blasted over the bar of goalkeeper Ben Kennedy. Just three minutes later, Nick Carle ran the length of the field and shot from outside the box with the outside of his boot to steal all three points for Newcastle and give then new coach Gary Van Egmond his third consecutive win after taking over from Nick Theodorakopoulos. This was also the night the Stadium was treated to a visit from injured Socceroo and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell prior to kick off.
Date: Sunday 29 March 2015
Stadium: Hunter Stadium, Newcastle
Television: Live on FOX SPORTS 505
Radio: Live on ABC Grandstand & 1233 ABC Newcastle
Twitter: Join the match conversation using #NEWvADL @NewcastleJetsFC