It’s our biggest game of the season and the most significant fixture in the Newcastle Jets history, as Ernie Merrick’s men host the Hyundai A-League season decider.
We want you to be in the know for tomorrow’s Grand Final, so friend of the club and gun statistician, Dave Keating has given us everything you need to know for our clash with the Victory.
The overall history between the two clubs has seen 39 matches played, with 16 wins going the way of the Jets, 14 to Victory and 9 ending all square.
Lets look at a complete breakdown of the numbers:
Overall matches played:
In Newcastle – 19 matches (Jets – 10, Victory – 3, Drawn – 6)
In Melbourne – 20 matches (Jets – 6, Victory – 11, Drawn – 3)
Goals: Jets – 54, Victory – 54
Cards in Fixture: Jets – 76 (71 yellow, 5 red), Victory 69 (65 yellow, 4 red)
Jets – Andrew Nabbout, Dimitri Petratos (10)
Victory – Besart Berisha (14)
Last Result: Newcastle Jets 2 (Boogaard 31', McGree 70') - Melbourne Victory 0 at McDonald Jones Stadium, A-League, Round 19, Season 2017/18
Biggest Win: Jets 4 (Bridge 36’, Bridge 48’, Coveny 51’, J Griffiths 73’) – Victory 0 at Hunter Stadium, Round 21, Season 2006/07
Leading Scorers in the fixture:
Jets – Joel Griffiths (5)
Victory – Archie Thompson (7)
• The Jets finals record (W-D-L) is 6-1-5.
• Newcastle have won their last 4 home finals matches.
• This is the 6th Grand Final for Melbourne Victory and the second for the Jets.
Key Stats from Previous Round:
•The Jets gained a win from a losing position for the first time since Round 10.
• For the 5th time, the Jets came back to win after trailing at half time – the second time they've done it against City.
• The crowd of 19,131 is the 6th biggest Jets home crowd.
• Jason Hoffman is the only player who remains from the '08 Grand Final winning team.
• Nikolai Topor-Stanley is the only Jets player to have played every minute this season.
• Daniel Georgievski will play in his second consecutive Grand Final.
• There have been 7 occasions where a Jets player scored at least once against a former club this season - Dimi Petratos (Roar and Sydney FC), Andrew Nabbout (Melbourne Victory), Daniel Georgievski (Melbourne Victory), Joe Champness (Brisbane Roar) and Jason Hoffman (Melbourne City).
• The Jets have been in 5 competitive shootouts in all competitions, winning 2 and losing 3.
• The Jets have defeated all A-League clubs this season.
• The attendance record for a Jets game at McDonald Jones stadium is 24,338.
• Victory have been kept scoreless in 3 of their last 5 visits to Newcastle (3 seasons).
• The Victory have defeated the Jets in Newcastle twice since the Jets lifted their only championship.