The Hyundai A-League has officially released the draw ahead of the 2019/20 season, with the new campaign set to start on Friday 11 October.
Newcastle won’t kick off their year until a week later though as the Jets have been given the bye in the first round.
Ernie Merrick’s boys will start our season on the road, with a trip down the freeway to take on the Central Coast Mariners on Saturday 19 October.
The following week will see the Jets opening home fixture of the season, up against Adelaide United on Saturday 26 October.
Merrick’s side will play home/away for the opening fifteen rounds of the competition – the first time Newcastle will play consecutive away games doesn’t fall until the middle of January.
The new 11-team competition means that each side will have three byes – Newcastle’s fall in Rounds 1, 7, and 22.
A pair of F3 Derby’s on the road (Rounds 2 and 25) will be music to the ears of full-season Members, who will receive FREE access to both games – that’s access to 16 Hyundai A-League matches throughout 2019/20 for full-season Members!
February will be a busy period for Jets fans in the Hunter, with FIVE games set to take place in New South Wales – four at McDonald Jones Stadium, and the first ever trip to Parramatta’s new Bankwest Stadium.
Some key dates:
- Opening fixture: Saturday 19 October v Central Coast Mariners (away)
- First home game: Saturday 26 October v Adelaide United
- F3 Derbies: Saturday 19 October (Round 2, away), Sunday 9 February (Round 18, home), Saturday 28 March (Round 25, away)
- Christmas time: Saturday 21 December v Perth Glory (away) and Saturday 28 December v Brisbane Roar (home)
- Five in February: Saturday 1 February v Western United (home), Sunday 9 February v Central Coast Mariners (home), Friday 14 February v Western Sydney Wanderers (away), Saturday 22 February v Melbourne Victory (home), Saturday 29 February v Perth Glory (home)
- Final home game: Friday 24 April v Western United FC