Newcastle Jets are inviting football fans in tertiary education to gain some valuable experience in the Sports Industry.
We are seeking 4-5 people to come in 1-2 days per week to work in our Membership Department commencing Monday 1 June 2015. This is a fully immersive position - you will learn all aspects of the department including:
- Receiving and processing applications
- Understanding the Membership, stadium and seating policies
- Full instruction on the Membership software
- Customer Service
- Game Day activations
Past interns have received casual employment hours and we have also offered entry-level positions within the club to past interns.
- Stacey Woollams – Membership Executive – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brooke Cousins – Consumer Operations and Marketing Manager – email@example.com
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Great Social skills, phone and in person
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Knowledge of football
- Previous experience with a CMS system a bonus but not a pre-requisite
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Desire to help people
- Willing to learn
- Aged 18+
- Minimum 200 contact hours
- One weekday per week, 9am to 5pm
- Game days as required. May be midweek in evenings for pre-season (July-September) and weekends throughout the Hyundai A-League season (October-April)
Interns must be undertaking a course relevant to the position (e.g. Sports Management, Business Management). Interns are occasionally asked to assist in other departments, but we cannot guarantee this.
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to apply for a position, please contact Brooke Cousins by email: firstname.lastname@example.org and send a copy of your CV, details for your course and its workplace experience requirements and your likely availability from June 1 2015 until Christmas 2015. Applications close Wednesday 20 May 2015.