Let’s take a look at some interesting stats, plus our squad for Monday’s Boxing Day bout with Wellington Phoenix at McDonald Jones Stadium!
Did you know?
- There has been an average of four goals per match in games between the Jets and Phoenix at McDonald Jones Stadium over the past four seasons?
- Jets and Phoenix have drawn only once in Newcastle?
- The Jets have the chance to make it three wins in a row for the first time since 2013?
- Andrew Hoole and Jack Duncan are the only two players to have appeared in every minute of the season so far
- The Jets have claimed points in 75% of the matches in which Andrew Nabbout has played?
- The Jets have never lost when Morten Nordstrand has scored?
- Morten Nordstrand has the 9th best goals per minutes played ratio (1 goal every 214 minutes) and 6th best goals per game ratio (3.17) in Jets history?
- The Jets have scored 13 goals in 11 matches this year? In only season 2005/06 (18) and 2012/13 (14) had the Jets scored more goals at the same point in a season!
Here are the men in line to tackle the ‘Nix in Newcastle!
Newcastle Jets Squad vs. Wellington Phoenix: 2. Daniel MULLEN, 3. Jason HOFFMAN, 4. Nigel BOOGAARD (C), 6. Steven UGARKOVIC, 7. Andrew HOOLE, 8. Mateo POLJAK, 9. Aleksandr KOKKO, 10. Wayne BROWN, 13. Ivan VUJICA, 15. Andrew NABBOUT, 16. Nicholas COWBURN, 18. MA Leilei, 19. Morten NORDSTRAND, 20. Jack DUNCAN (Gk), 22. Lachlan JACKSON, 23. Devante CLUT, 28. John KOUTROUMBIS, 30. Pierce CLARK (Gk)
**two to be omitted**
Ins: 9. Aleksandr KOKKO (returns from injury), 22. Lachlan JACKSON (promoted)
Unavailable: 1. Ben KENNEDY (achilles - season), 5. Ben KANTAROVSKI (knee - 3-5 weeks), 21. Daniel ALESSI (knee - season)
Aleksandr Kokko, pictured below, could return to action following a jaw injury sustained in Round 7 this week