The Newcastle Jets are committed to assisting local charitable causes and fundraising initiatives through both donations and player appearances to help those in need. Preference is given to activities in Newcastle, the Hunter Valley and Mid North Coast areas.
The Newcastle Jets and its players are committed to using their high public profile to educate, engage, entertain, help and inspire others in our community, and our players regularly participate in community events, signing sessions, ‘meet and greets- and other corporate functions to achieve these goals.
We receive a large number of player appearance requests each year and unfortunately it is not possible to support them all. The players- training schedule and other existing Club commitments already use a substantial amount of player time and, any additional requests for player appearances must be carefully assessed. Priority is given to our nominated charity partners and our corporate partners.
In Season 2011/12, our nominated charity partners are:
Requests for player appearances at funerals, birthdays, weddings, homes or personal hospital visits cannot be facilitated by the Newcastle Jets.
How to Request Player Appearances
To request a Newcastle Jets player appearance:
Community Department Newcastle Jets PO Box 322 WICKHAM NSW 2300
2. For requests that involve events, applications must be submitted at least eight (8) weeks prior to the event date
3. Applications must detail the purpose of the appearance and the expected commitments of the players
4. If you are fundraising on behalf of a charity, please also provide a letter of support from the charity detailing their approval of your event/activity and authority to fundraise on their behalf.
Players are not available for appearances:
- On match day
- Two days before a match
- During the off season (from the date of their final game to the start of pre-season training)
- During the HAL, NYL or W-League Final Series
- During BYE weekend-s
- At destinations more than 2 hours or 150km away
- We recommend that your event does not focus solely on the anticipation of a player appearance; instead the player appearance should be used as an added ‘bonus- to your event or program.
- A key assessment criteria for applications is the relevance of football and the Newcastle Jets to the application. Please ensure this requirement is adequately addressed in the application form.
- Requests that are submitted without using the application form will not be accepted and will not be responded to.
- The Newcastle Jets cannot accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness/change of training schedules.
- All decisions are final and at the sole discretion of the Newcastle Jets Community Committee
- Applications will be responded to in writing within six (6) weeks from receipt of the application
- Player appearances are limited to one (1) per organisation per year (except for nominated charity partners)
We thank you for your interest in having a Jets player appear at your event/program and we appreciate your continued support of the Newcastle Jets.
To request a Newcastle Jets coach appearance:
Submit a request using the application form on the Newcastle Jets website.