Newcastle Jets will venture north to the Sunshine State this weekend for the Club’s second clash with Brisbane Roar this Hyundai A-League campaign.
In round 2 of the season the Jets defeated Roar 4-0 at McDonald Jones Stadium. It was the Club’s biggest win this term and one of only two times that John Aloisi’s men have been defeated in the opening 13 rounds.
Here are a few interesting stats leading into this Saturday’s contest which kicks off at 5:35pm at Suncorp Stadium.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Jets’ 4-0 victory when these teams clashed last October snapped a six-game winless streak against the Roar that began in November 2014.
- Not since February 2014 have Newcastle Jets travelled to Brisbane and won, notching a draw and two losses at Suncorp Stadium since.
- Brisbane Roar are undefeated in their last 13 games on home soil, their longest run since a streak of 23 games ending in November 2011.
- Newcastle are one of just two teams (Melbourne Victory) who are yet to have a player permanently expelled from a game this season, and their 24 yellow cards conceded is the joint second fewest of any team behind the Mariners (23).
- Newcastle Jets boast a tackle win percentage of 80% this season, the best of any team in the competition and more than five percentage points better than Brisbane (74.6%).
- Four of the 12 players to play every minute of this season’s campaign could feature in this match: Jade North, Corey Brown, Andrew Hoole and Jack Duncan.
- All four of Tommy Oar’s assists this season have come when playing at Suncorp Stadium, no player in the competition has registered more home assists.
- Wayne Brown has found the back of the net twice from outside the box this season, the equal most of any player in the competition alongside Nebojsa Marinkovic and Henrique.