We’re giving one lucky Newcastle Jets Member the chance to WIN a trip for two to Japan to see the Newcastle Jets play in an Asian Champions League Playoff in February 2019!
Should the side successfully navigate a tricky home qualifier on February 12, we’re set to face the reigning ACL Champions, Kashima Antlers, in Japan on February 19.
The prize includes return economy airfares to Tokyo, twin share accommodation, airport transfers, some meals and tickets to the Jets Asian Champions League Playoff.
If Newcastle don’t qualify for the final round of the ACL playoffs, don’t fear! The winner will have the chance to travel with the team to a Hyundai A-League away match domestically or abroad to New Zealand.
Entering into the draw is simple: attend the Hyundai A-League and Westfield W-League double header against Adelaide United at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday 30 December, and the Hyundai A-League clash with Brisbane Roar on Wednesday 2 January.
Get to both games over the New Year period and you’ll instantly go into the draw to win a dream prize for any Jets fan!
This competition is open to Newcastle Jets Members only. Not a Member yet? Click here to join us today!
See below for full terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This Competition is open to Newcastle Jets ticketed members only. To be eligible to enter, members must attend the Newcastle Jets home match at McDonald Jones Stadium on 30 December 2018 as well as the Newcastle Jets home match at McDonald Jones Stadium on 2 January 2019.
- The Competition commences at 12.01pm AEDT Sunday 30 December 2018 and concludes at 8pm 2 January 2019 AEDT (‘Promotional Period’).
- The promoter of this Competition is Newcastle Jets Club Pty Ltd (ACN 602 270 664) at Wirra Crescent, University of Newcastle Grounds, Waratah West, NSW, 2298, Telephone: (02) 4921 0800 ('Promoter').
- Officers, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter, the associated companies and contractors of the Promoter and any other agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter.
- Competition open to entrants 18 years of age or over.
- Number of entries: One entry per Member.
- Newcastle Jets ticketed members can enter the Competition by attending both of the Newcastle Jets home matches at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday 30 December 2018 and Wednesday 2 January 2019.
- Members must scan their membership card on entry to access both of the games on 30 December 2018 and 2 January 2019. Entry to both games will qualify the member to enter the competition.
- The Prize consists of two economy return airfares to Tokyo to see the Newcastle Jets compete in the Asian Champion’s League, including twin share accommodation for three nights at the Kashima Central Hotel, one night’s accommodation at an airport hotel (4 night accommodation in total), transfers to and from Sydney Airport, transfers to and from Tokyo International Airport, transfers to the ACL match on the team bus and two tickets to the Asian Champion’s League. All breakfasts and some meals will be provided. Travel dates are Saturday 16th February to 21st February and are subject to change depending on flight schedule and ACL playing draw.
- Total prize value is $7155 and may be subject to change depending on currency exchange rates at the time of conversion and flight and game scheduling. The Prize does not include taxes, some food and beverages.
- The prize is not transferable and must be taken at the specified dates.
- In the event the Newcastle Jets do not qualify for the Asian Champion’s League match in Tokyo, the winner will be given the option to travel with the team to a Newcastle Jets Hyundai A-League game domestically or to New Zealand. Flights, accommodation, transfers and some meals will be provided. Prize must not exceed the total prize value and must be taken within the 2018/19 Hyundai A-League season, ending 27 April 2019. If this prize value is less than $7155, the difference will not be redeemable for cash or additional travel, accommodation, food or other miscellaneous expenses.
- The winner will be notified via mobile phone and announced at half time at the game on 2 January 2019 at approximately 8.40pm at McDonald Jones Stadium. A confirmation email will also be sent within one business day and the winner’s name advertised on the Newcastle Jets website.
- The Prize awarded may not be exactly as illustrated in displays or marketing for the Promotion.
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes or any unused portion of a prize, are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize equal to the value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition to the full extent permitted by law and subject to any approval or directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter's decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
- It is a condition of entry that the entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner of a Prize (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of the Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products and services, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage which is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of an entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting any other person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- Authorised under permit numbers: Permit number pending
Privacy, Spam Act and Do Not Call Register Act Statement:
The Promoter collects the entrants’ personal information to assist it in processing the competition entries. By entering the competition, unless otherwise advised, each entrant also expressly consents to:
- the Promoter contacting an entrant by any means (including by electronic message or by telephone) to let the entrant know about goods, services or promotions which the Promoter considers may be of interest to the entrant.
The express consent referred to in this Statement continues until the withdrawal of that consent is effective (as set out under applicable law). Entrants’ personal information may also be disclosed to State Lottery agencies and the winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. All personal details of the entrant will be stored at the offices of the Promoter. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office.